Stirling MSP Bruce Crawford has welcomed the publication of additional COVID-19 related guidance from the Scottish Government, specifically for small and micro-sized businesses.
The publication provides practical advice for employers on the steps they need to take before and after re-opening.
Key measures include:
- risk assessments to protect the safety of employers, staff and customers
- provision for employees to work from home where appropriate
- consultation with employees, trades unions or employee representatives before re-opening
- infection and control measures such as physical distancing and good hygiene
- staggered break and start times to reduce contact between employees
Bruce Crawford said:
‘Stirling is home to many fantastic small and micro businesses, across a wide array of sectors and specialisations. I welcome this fresh guidance from the Scottish Government, and know it will go a long way in providing these businesses, and their customers, the clarity and confidence needed to safely reopen.
‘Businesses and organisations across the constituency are enthusiastic to reopen their doors, and help defend the hard-won progress Scotland has made in the fight against this dreadful disease.’
Economy Secretary Fiona Hyslop said:
“The importance of small and micro businesses to our economy cannot be overstated. Over 98 per cent of all businesses in Scotland have less than 50 employees so it is critically important that they can re-open as soon as it is safe to do so.
“This guidance, developed in partnership with employers and trades unions, provides the information small and micro businesses need to ensure the safety of staff and customers as they re-open.
“And we are providing grant support worth over £1 billion to businesses as part of a wider support package worth over £2.3 billion and we will continue to do all we can to support this vital sector.”
- The guidance covers both small businesses, with fewer than 50 employees, and micro businesses, with fewer than 10 employees.
- This guidance sits alongside any other relevant sector specific guidance.
- News article with attached guidance: https://news.gov.scot/news/safe-re-opening-of-small-businesses