First Bus have announced improvements to bus services through the Stirling area.
– Improved student links.
– Direct services to Stirling Care Village / Community Hospital.
– Improvements on Stirling University Link.
– Additional links to University from the Hillfoots.
– Extended 54 service to provide direct link between Cowie and Community Hospital.
– Additional evening journey on the 51 service route from Cowie to Stirling city centre.
Commenting, Stirling MSP Bruce Crawford said:
“Firstly, I’d like to congratulate Cowie Community Council on mounting an effective campaign in order to improve the level of bus service that the village receives.
“On behalf of local residents who had contacted me, I wrote to First Bus to raise my concerns about access to the Hospital and to Stirling city centre.
“I am pleased that First Bus have considered these concerns and have implemented changes to existing services to ensure that residents in Cowie have better direct routes to the Hospital and the city centre.
“Unfortunately, across the board we have seen fewer people use their local bus services. I would urge people to look at what’s available and use the bus where they can, which will go a long way in supporting local bus services.”