Stirling MSP Bruce Crawford attended the launch of the public appeal to redevelop the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders Regimental Museum at Stirling Castle at the weekend.
Located in the King’s Old Building of Stirling Castle, the regiment was raised there in 1794.
The redevelopment will result in:
- Museum gallery space being increased by a third.
- Conservation of the collection and archives.
- Digitised records for better and wider access and research.
- Updated presentation.
- Improved opportunity for schools engagement.
- An expected increased footfall of visitors.
- Improved access.
Commenting, Bruce Crawford said:
“The Argyll and Sutherland Highland Regiment is a crucial part of Stirling’s historical relationship with the Armed Forces and this is an important appeal to upgrade the regimental museum at the castle.
“I would encourage local people to support this appeal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can contribute.”